help to disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

Reaction score
If i click on a link in my email it tries to open the site inEdge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if i copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How can i disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi @moderntimesegg

Unfortunately, you can't directly disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge, as Cloudflare is a web security and performance service used by websites rather than a feature of your browser. However, there are some steps you can take to potentially resolve the issue you’re experiencing with links being blocked by Cloudflare in Edge.

Steps to Try:​

1. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:
    • Open Edge and click on the three dots (menu) in the top-right corner.
    • Go to "Settings" > "Privacy, search, and services."
    • Under "Clear browsing data," click "Choose what to clear."
    • Select "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," then click "Clear now."
  2. Disable Extensions:
    • Some browser extensions might interfere with Cloudflare. Try disabling your extensions to see if the issue persists.
    • Click on the three dots (menu) > "Extensions."
    • Toggle off all extensions and then try opening the link again.
  3. Check Site Permissions:
    • Click on the lock icon in the address bar when you're on a site that’s being blocked.
    • Select "Site permissions" and review the settings to ensure nothing is blocked that might be causing the issue.
  4. Try Incognito Mode:
    • Open Edge in InPrivate mode by clicking the three dots (menu) and selecting "New InPrivate window."
    • Try opening the link in the InPrivate window to see if it bypasses the issue.
  5. Reset Settings:
    • Go to "Settings" > "Reset settings."
    • Select "Restore settings to their default values," then click "Reset."
    • This will reset your Edge settings but keep your bookmarks and saved passwords.
  6. Update Edge:
    • Make sure you’re using the latest version of Edge. Go to "Settings" > "About Microsoft Edge" and check for updates.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, you might need to contact the website's support team to see if they can adjust the settings on their end. Sometimes Cloudflare’s security settings might block certain traffic patterns, and the website owner can help troubleshoot that.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance!

Ask a Question