Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I've noticed that my Start Menu is not functioning properly

Reaction score
When I click on the Start button, nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu Troubleshooter, but the issue persists. Can someone please advise me on how to fix this?

Reaction score
Let's try a few steps to fix it. You can start by restarting Windows Explorer. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, find Windows Explorer in the list, right-click on it, and select Restart. Another thing you can try is running the System File Checker. Open Command Prompt as an administrator by pressing Win + X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Let the scan complete and see if it finds any issues.

Reaction score
If the previous steps didn't work, it might be helpful to create a new user account to see if the issue is specific to your current account. Go to Settings, select Accounts, then Family & other users, and click Add someone else to this PC. Follow the prompts to create a new account, sign in with it, and check if the Start Menu works.

Reaction score
You should try performing a clean boot to see if any startup programs are causing the issue. Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter. In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, and click Disable all. Then, go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager. Disable all startup items, restart your computer and see if the Start Menu works.

Reaction score
If neither of these steps resolves the issue, you might need to perform an in-place upgrade to repair your Windows installation without losing your files

Ask a Question