Having issues installing (KB5041019) with error code "0x800f0922"

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve been struggling with installing update KB5041019 for months. The installation process starts but halts and fails after reaching 100%, showing error code "0x800f0922." I haven’t found a fix for this issue yet.

Reaction score
This error often points to issues with the system reserved partition being full. Try increasing the partition size using a partition management tool. Also, ensure you have a stable internet connection, as this error can occur if your connection drops during the update.

Reaction score
You could also try disabling your firewall temporarily during the update. Sometimes, third-party firewalls can block the installation process. Another option is to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

Reaction score
Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter helped me. If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting the Windows Update components manually using Command Prompt. Instructions for this are available on Microsoft’s support site. Lastly, ensure your system is up-to-date with other updates before installing KB5041019.

Ask a Question