For build 10061 users......

Reaction score
For running system file check:
You can run it anytime independently now.

For running dism/restore health:
You don't need the ISO file, nor the "extended" dism command line.
Just use the "normal" command line.... dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

sfc 10061.jpg

dism 10061.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up David. I ran sfc and it found and corrected some errors.

Reaction score
You may need the Sources switch if DISM returns an error because it cannot find the files online

Reaction score
You may need the Sources switch if DISM returns an error because it cannot find the files online

Why don't you try it on your machine, without the source switch.
I am not the only one successful in running sfc and dism the " normal ".

Reaction score
I said "may" there are certain situations where it IS needed. I have not had a problem (as you know) with either SFC or DISM for several builds now.

Reaction score
Yes, but you have been using the source switch method.
I am asking you to do it the "normal" way to confirm if MS has fixed it now.
Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reaction score
I am asking this because not everyone knows how to create an ISO file.
Regular users may even have problem using the source switch because they don't know which drive number to be used to replace the X.

It will be most beneficial if they can run sfc and dism/restorehealth the "old" ways.

Reaction score
If I recall when I tried to run the dism command it stopped because it couldn't find the source file. There is an esd file in windows but I don't know how to use the source switch in dism.

Reaction score
I've created a Install.wim file but now I can't figure out how to create an iso using it. I have the decrypter program but when I open it it says no esd file in current directory. Where do I need to put the file where decrypter can find it? Also can't seem to get the right syntax to get the dism command to work. I'd like to create an iso disk to install Win10 tp if I have to resort to that.

Reaction score
You need to put the ESD file in the same directory as decrypter and run decrypter as "admin" decrypter does not use wim.

Reaction score
Aha. Thanks ZigZag. I had the esd file in the decrypter folder and moved it into the .cmd folder and that worked. Now I have a .iso folder with files including a setup.exe. Now I need to know how to make a .iso disk I can boot from on a blank drive.

Edit: just now discovered a new .iso file that's 3 GB and I can burn it to a disk. I reckon that is what I needed. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dipsy

You do not need to burn the ISO. You can burn the folders "as is". IN the dycrypter folder there should be an ISO with 10061 in the name string. Thats what decrypter does

Reaction score
The ISO folder is gone. I can't find it anywhere and apparently in its place is JM1_CPRA_X64FRER_EN-US_DV9.iso.

Reaction score
Dipsy

Unsure what you started with. did you rename something? etc.......
I started with install.esd and got en_windows_10_pro_10061_x64_dvd.iso

Reaction score
At the moment ZigZag I are a happy camper. Apparently either Windows or Decrypter changed the folder to the file name above. When I double clicked the file all of the contents of the ISO Folder were there which leads me to believe just the folder name was changed.

At any rate I clicked on the setup.exe file and Windows started its install routine giving me the option to keep all my files and settings. After about 20 minutes or so of setup time I was presented with a new, functional install of Windows 10 TP build 10061 complete with everything intact from the previous install. And there is joy in Mudville because the start menu is back up and functioning. Looks like the Windows 10 team has done at least one thing right. Thanks to you and David I'm back in business without having to format and reinstall. I also made a ISO DVD just in case.

Ask a Question