SOLVED Firefox running on start up

Reaction score
Each time I boot my laptop up, I see firefox running in task manager?. Anyone know what's going on here.

Reaction score
Have you closed the program then gone into Task Manager then Startup and removed or disabled it? That would be the same as putting msconfig in the Start, Run box.

Reaction score
Hi Bighorn, the problem is, it's not even in start up. I don't get this problem or the mouse problem on my gaming computer, it's just the Lenovo laptop.

Reaction score
Firefox usually appears in the task manager when you boot up your laptop, even if you haven't opened it yourself. Here are a few reasons why this might happen:

- Starting programs
- Background processes
- Session recovery
- Extensions or additions

If you prefer that Firefox does not start automatically on boot, you can configure this behavior in Firefox preferences or in your system's launcher settings. It depends on your operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux), but in general you can control the startup of programs using System Preferences or Task Manager settings.

Reaction score
I've seen Firefox be running after startup if I haven't closed it before shutting down, think it has something to do with Firefox being able to restore pages in History.

Reaction score
Firefox finally managed to update last week on my win10 laptop, It use to say download update every week but I suspect never managed it for some reason. But this time I think it finally did and it said the same as win11 firefox, "Do you want firefox to run on start up", I ticked no and it's been ok since.

Ask a Question