Ethernet Connection Causes Windows Explorer to Freeze

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and experiencing an issue with my Ethernet connection. I was using the internet via Ethernet when the connection was suddenly lost. However, Windows still shows that there is a connection, and the troubleshooter can't identify the problem. My Wi-Fi works fine, and the Ethernet cable works with another laptop.

If I start the laptop with the Ethernet cable plugged in, Windows Explorer keeps crashing, causing the taskbar and search bar to stop working, and there's no internet connection as before. I've tried various solutions, such as flushing DNS, renewing and releasing IP configuration, restarting the modem, and restarting the laptop, but nothing has worked.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Reaction score
T'were it mine I'd go into Device Manager and Uninstall the Network driver for the Ethernet/RJ45 port and reboot, see if Windows reinstalls the driver. Mine is a Realtek GbE [Gigabit Ethernet].

Ask a Question