E: is not accesible Parameter is incorrect

Reaction score
My storage drive has an issue saying "E: is not accessible. Parameter is incorrect." I searched online and found the command chkdsk /f e:. It's been running for days. The first stage took 2.81 days, with every file showing "File record segment is unreadable." In stage 2, it says "Deleting orphan file record segment," and the estimated time is 140 hours. Is this normal? Should I let it run for the full 140 hours, or should I cancel the command and try something else?

Reaction score
My storage drive has an issue saying "E: is not accessible. Parameter is incorrect." I searched online and found the command chkdsk /f e:. It's been running for days. The first stage took 2.81 days, with every file showing "File record segment is unreadable." In stage 2, it says "Deleting orphan file record segment," and the estimated time is 140 hours. Is this normal? Should I let it run for the full 140 hours, or should I cancel the command and try something else?
Try something else, I would recommend, precisely to buy a new drive because from what you are writing, it seems that your drive is gone for good.
However, since it seems to be an external drive, there is the possibility that maybe the enclosure has bitten the dust. It is hard to make an accurate recommendation with so little information given.

Ask a Question