Copy Edge Browser Favorites to different computer

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry there is no handy tool or utility for doing this right now.
Whether or not you could copy the current spartan.edb onto a flash drive from the computer you wish to copy from and then rename the current spartan.edb on the computer you are copying to and then copy the spartan.edb from the flash drive into the same location, I cannot say for sure, but it might work.
Just don't delete anything, rename it and if things go south, then rename it back. spartan.edb to spartan.OLD for instance.... you need to be showing file extensions to see it.
The path is
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\spartan.edb
Personally I'd make a copy of it before I even renamed it just to be safe.

Reaction score
The edge favourites are located here:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

Copy them to a safe folder and then back to the same folder in your other computer.

P.S. I understand, from another ongoing thread, that sometimes the favourites may be located elswhere, according to the build you are using. The above is where mine are located.

Last edited:
Reaction score
P.S. I understand, from another ongoing thread, that sometimes the favourites may be located elswhere, according to the build you are using. The above is where mine are located.

Well, it is possible that you never received the "November Update", and are therefore still on the 10.0.10240 build.

But a much more likely scenario is that your PC is at 10.0.10586, and what you're seeing at that location are the favorites that have been "abandoned in place". The November Update converted those favorites into a database, but did not remove them from that location. So, most folks notice from the dates of the files that these are not kept up to date with Edge.

Last edited:
Reaction score
See the clip. There is no logical reason why I would not have received the latest updates, certainly not one as old as November!!
As I said, for reasons I cannot fathom, it does seem to vary from computer to computer. However, the favorites I see under "Links", are precisely the same as those I have in Edge.

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey dave...... can you do me a favor and see if you can add a couple new favorites to edge and then look in the old location and see if that is being updated with new favorites or if it is in fact an abandoned container?

Reaction score
That took a while!! I don't use Edge so had to look around for the add feature. Anyway, I went to a random site for traktor parts, which I need, and added the site. It came up in the links OK. BUT. I have tried the same on another computer, without the same result. I am going to check a couple of things now and see why their should be a difference.

Capture.PNG
Later: Hold on. Tried again with another site, and this time it did NOT come into the links.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not happy with that. e_gray is correct (I think).

Anyway, easy way is a similar path:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore
An copy the data store folder to a safe place.

Copy it back again to the same location on another computer.

After investigation.. It looks like it has something to do with the favourites bar, which is all I use in any of my browsers. The first method seemed to have put the (Traktor) into the bar but, on looking, it was not in the favourites. list

Last edited:
Reaction score
After investigation.. It looks like it has something to do with the favourites bar, which is all I use in any of my browsers. The first method seemed to have put the (Traktor) into the bar but, on looking, it was not in the favourites. list

Well, the first thing to check when you're getting different behavior on two different PCs is to verify that they are both at 10.0.10586

Ask a Question