Chrome not functioning after Microsoft credential prompt

Reaction score
We set up my daughter's computer with Chrome for her school accounts, as it's a BYOD setup. Everything was fine until she was asked to re-enter her Microsoft credentials, and then Chrome stopped working. I've tried everything, including checking for the family features app and linked accounts, but nothing seems to work.
Every time I try to use Chrome, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome due to your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask." I click ask to use, but nothing happens. I'm not sure who this message is supposed to go to.
I can't figure out what's going on with the Microsoft operating system. All I want is for my daughter to be able to use Chrome on her laptop for school. I've tried looking for solutions online, but nothing has worked. Even the school's IT department couldn't help after spending half a day on it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Ask a Question