Child's Screen Time Restrictions Not Working

Reaction score
Hello,

I've set screen time restrictions for my child using Microsoft Family Safety. However recently, these restrictions have stopped working properly. When my child attempts to log into their account, a blue dialog box appears stating, "Time's up! This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time." This occurs even though I've allocated enough screen time and disabled night lock. When attempting to send a request for more time, an error message appears saying, "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?" Clicking on "My parent is here" allows me to enter my password and unlock the account. However, upon logging in, a pop-up message prompts my child to sign in again to their Microsoft account in order to send requests for more screen time or permission for certain apps and sites. This pop-up continues to appear repeatedly, creating an infinite loop.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Ask a Question