Can't update Windows or access the Microsoft Store

Reaction score
For the past 6 months, I’ve been unable to update Windows 10 or access the Microsoft Store. The update process gets stuck on "Checking for updates..." and eventually fails with an error. When I try to open the Store, I get the error "0x800704cf" and a message saying there’s no internet connection, even though my internet is working fine. I also tried using the Media Creation Tool, but it gets stuck at 0%. I suspect the issue might be related to connecting to Microsoft servers.

My OS Build is 19045.2486. I’ve tried several fixes, including changing DNS settings to "8.8.8.8" and "8.8.4.4," disabling antivirus, restarting the Windows Update service, clearing the update cache, using troubleshooters, repairing and resetting the Store, reinstalling network drivers, checking firewall settings, re-registering the Store app via PowerShell, resetting network settings, and turning off the network proxy. None of these have worked. What should I try next?

Ask a Question