SOLVED Can't Recover Password Using Shift + Restart

Reaction score
Please help. I forgot my password and tried the Shift + Restart option, but it still asks for the password. How do I recover it?

Reaction score
If you have a Microsoft account linked to your Windows account, you can reset your password online. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page, and follow the instructions to reset your password. Once you’ve reset it online, you can use the new password to log in to your computer. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
turnirskiqx, another option is to use a password reset disk if you have one. When you’re on the login screen, you should see an option to use the password reset disk. Follow the prompts, and it will guide you through creating a new password. If you don’t have a password reset disk, it’s a good idea to create one after you regain access to your account to avoid this in the future.

Reaction score
If you’re still stuck, you can try booting into Safe Mode. Logging in with the built-in Administrator account can sometimes bypass the password requirement.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I tried the Microsoft account recovery method and now I'm able to log in to my computer again. Really appreciate the help!

Ask a Question