Can't install 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034441)

Reaction score
I've been encountering an error during this Windows update for a long time, despite trying several solutions. I reinstalled Windows, cleaned up my storage, and upgraded my RAM from 4 GB to 12 GB. Recently, I disocvered some suggestions that the issue could be related to WinRE. I am supposed to try updating the recovery space to 250 MB, but when I checked, my recovery disk space showed 522 MB, all of which is free. Do I need to increase that space even further?
Even more, could this issue be affecting my laptop's performance? Despite upgrading to 12 GB of RAM, my laptop's performance remains very low.
Any suggestions or insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Do I need to increase that space even further?
Yes. This has been an ongoing issue for more than a few months, I increased mine to more than 1GB and 3 Notebooks plus 2 Desktops are fine with it, 1 Notebook isn't but doesn't otherwise have an issue.

Reaction score
I've been encountering an error during this Windows update for a long time, despite trying several solutions. I reinstalled Windows, cleaned up my storage, and upgraded my RAM from 4 GB to 12 GB. Recently, I disocvered some suggestions that the issue could be related to WinRE. I am supposed to try updating the recovery space to 250 MB, but when I checked, my recovery disk space showed 522 MB, all of which is free. Do I need to increase that space even further?
Even more, could this issue be affecting my laptop's performance? Despite upgrading to 12 GB of RAM, my laptop's performance remains very low.
Any suggestions or insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The idea is to add 250 MB to the existing recovery partition. As mentioned by another poster, making it even bigger might help with future updates.

Ben

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been looking for a solution as well. I resized my recovery partition to over 1gb and the update is still giving the same error message.
I'm on a Lenovo ThinkPad running Win 10.

Any new developments with this?

Ask a Question