BSOD after installation of KB5041580 on Acer Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday, I left my computer on, and this morning it showed a blue screen with the message: "Your Computer was not started correctly." I performed a restart, which led to "Preparing automatic repair." I then tried the extended options under "Problembehandlung" and went through the extended options.

Uninstalling updates did not work for either option, and system recovery only showed a recovery point from 13.08.2024 at 20:07 "Windows Modules Installer." This recovery attempt also failed, as did the automatic recovery point before it.

"Starthilfe" returns to the same cycle with "Preparing automatic repair."

Booting in safe mode with Windows does not work.

Starting in safe mode with DOS prompt results in a BSOD.

Reaction score
Fellow Acer laptop user here with Win Update / AV disabled!

This sounds serious enough, it seems sfc scan may be able to help, slim chance though. Question is BSOD with safe mode dos prompt. I wonder if sfc cmd can be run in any dos prompt in any stage, like open dos prompt manually during OS installation setup stage.

Recovery point seems like the best option.

Reaction score
Fellow Acer laptop user here with Win Update / AV disabled!

This sounds serious enough, it seems sfc scan may be able to help, slim chance though. Question is BSOD with safe mode dos prompt. I wonder if sfc cmd can be run in any dos prompt in any stage, like open dos prompt manually during OS installation setup stage.

Recovery point seems like the best option.
I have the same problem and it's not specifically because of this update, it's because of a series of updates since last month

"sfc now" command also gives bsod can you help me?

Ask a Question