Audio devices disappeared after using CCleaner to update drivers

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently used CCleaner to update my drivers, and now my audio devices are missing. Both my speakers and headphone jack, which use Realtek, are gone, and I’m not sure how to fix it.

In Device Manager, I can’t find the drivers for my audio, and the Intel High Definition DSP driver keeps showing an error no matter how many times I reinstall it.

I’m using an Asus Vivobook Pro 15 OLED laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently used CCleaner to update my drivers, and now my audio devices are missing. Both my speakers and headphone jack, which use Realtek, are gone, and I’m not sure how to fix it.

In Device Manager, I can’t find the drivers for my audio, and the Intel High Definition DSP driver keeps showing an error no matter how many times I reinstall it.

I’m using an Asus Vivobook Pro 15 OLED laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Exact same issue here on an Asus Zenbook.
Audio devices were just gone.

What seemed to work, even though it may have just been a coincidence...
Is I went to the "Up to date" tab in ccleaner and tried to revert the update for "Intel Smart Sound Technology bus"
It "Failed" but my audio did suddenly re appear again for some reason.

Maybe helps, maybe doesn't

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some CCleaner forum users are having the same problem it seems.
Have you tried rolling back the driver or installing an older driver?

Ask a Question