2nd monitor still detected even if turned off

Reaction score
My second monitor, a Dell P2217H connected via HDMI, remains detected even when turned off. Despite powering it down, it still appears in both Windows Display Settings and NVIDIA Control Panel. Interestingly, when I switch off my main monitor, it disappears from Windows as expected. The only solution to remove the second monitor from detection when not in use is by physically unplugging it, which is inconvenient. Is there a permanent fix for this issue?

Reaction score
What is the problem having that information available causing? If the second monitor is unplugged from power does a problem occur or is it only when unplugged from the HDMI port? Or does the monitor get its power only from the HDMI?

This information from a page describing the monitor suggests the computer is seeing more functionality of the device than just the screen on the monitor:
Multiple connectivity ports on the bottom and side of the monitor allow you to easily connect to various devices.

Last edited:

Ask a Question