New kid needing install help !

Reaction score
I finally made the W10 from W7 but still want to keep it. I have a monitor mounted HP elite 8300
with W7 and upgraded to the Elite G1 that has the last version of W10 on an esata 256 mb ssd. The W10 works flawlessly. I have a lot of info on the W7 which is a 256 gb ssd. I thought I could just insert the w7 drive where the normal hd goes and W10 would see it and offer a dual boot option. I have legacy mode enabled and the drive is seen in the bios I thought that would be plug and play but not. BTW I can do hardware but as an old guy not to swift on the software side. 2 but probably more techie to fix. The G1 came with a 750 gb baracuda drive for storage. thought I could just clone each drive so I split the 750 equally and clone the both os's but that don't even boot at all. that fix is way above my pay grade. Anyway the first option is the probably the least techie. Anyway I'm old and slow so be nice to me. God bless.

Ask a Question