Mouse and Keyboard Don't Work Until I Tab Out and Back In

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently encountered an issue where my mouse and keyboard stop working while playing a game. I can't move the cursor, and mouse clicks don't register. The keyboard doesn't respond except for the Alt-Tab command. When I Alt-Tab out and back into the game, the mouse and keyboard resume working for a while, but sometimes I have to Alt-Tab multiple times.

This problem started after I uninstalled the ELAN PrecisionTouchpad Filter Driver. I've since reinstalled it, but the issue persists whether it's enabled or disabled.

Please help! What can I do to fix this?

Reaction score
I had a similar issue a while back. For me, it was related to the game running in fullscreen mode. Switching to windowed or borderless windowed mode fixed it. Also, check if your game has any updates or patches available. Some games have bugs that can cause input issues and the developers might have released a fix. Good luck!

Reaction score
Did you check background applications? Other software running in the background can interfere with your input devices. Try closing any unnecessary programs or doing a clean boot to see if the issue persists. Also, check your power settings to make sure your USB ports aren't being turned off to save power. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then look for USB settings.

Ask a Question