Is this a coincidence?

Reaction score
Since I've had Windows 10 last September I find there are occasions when I can't get onto the Internet via my laptop, mainly almost all day on a Saturday...do you think this a coincidence?

Reaction score
No. Tell us about your internet access. Cable, DSL or cellular, Wifi or ethernet, Router make and model, speed IP address provided by your ISP ( in the Network page of the router's info.) etc. How many people use your router? There was another poster on the forum with a similar sounding problem. He lived somewhere with a shared router provided by his landlord. Rebooting/resetting the router worked for him.

Does your system work fine in the early morning and get start to fail later?

Reaction score
No. Tell us about your internet access. Cable, DSL or cellular, Wifi or ethernet, Router make and model, speed IP address provided by your ISP ( in the Network page of the router's info.) etc. How many people use your router? There was another poster on the forum with a similar sounding problem. He lived somewhere with a shared router provided by his landlord. Rebooting/resetting the router worked for him.

Does your system work fine in the early morning and get start to fail later?

I'm on EE Broadband and have a BrightBox wireless router s44m7k, serial no. J35103954
I have sole use of the router
Rebooting router seems to help occasionally but not always,
Saturdays are usually the worst trying to get Internet connection..I've hardly been able to connect at all today until about an hour ago.
Reception is not good where I live but I've never had this problem until a few months ago when I bought new laptop and have Windows 10 on it.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Reaction score
EE is British Telecom yes? hmmmmmm I left the Uk before the Internet but BT was hopeless even then.

You say reception so I guess that EE in your area is a Wimax/cellular type system with a little antenna on your place aimed a a tower somewhere?

If that is the case then perhaps EE is underprovisioned in your area. That is its technology allows for n concurrent connections and they are selling n+x.

The same problem can occur if you connect to EE via DSL or some other wire but is less likely.

A common thing to do but I wonder why Saturday and not Sunday or weekday evenings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am guessing you have the same problem as me.

I live on the end of an 8km copper wire. At best, my download speed is 2.5 mb/s. My own theory is that the various corporations send off all there finished materials, whilst they are away from the office (Faxes; corporate Email..etc) and the line just gets plain overused. I have found that, on most occasions, switching the router on and off a few times, seems to trigger the local server that I am still here.

Reaction score
I am guessing you have the same problem as me.

I live on the end of an 8km copper wire. At best, my download speed is 2.5 mb/s. My own theory is that the various corporations send off all there finished materials, whilst they are away from the office (Faxes; corporate Email..etc) and the line just gets plain overused. I have found that, on most occasions, switching the router on and off a few times, seems to trigger the local server that I am still here.

I think you could be right...but I'm still left wondering why this never used to happen before I had Windows 10 on my laptop...