Files Sent from PC to Mobile End Up in Recycle Bin

Reaction score
When I transfer files from my PC to my mobile, the files end up in both the Recycle Bin and on my phone. This issue does not occur when transferring files from my PC to a USB drive. I've searched YouTube and other platforms but haven't found a proper solution. Please help me fix this issue as soon as possible.

Reaction score
This sounds like a software glitch or a misconfiguration issue. First, check if there are any updates available for your phone's operating system or the file transfer software you're using. Also, try using a different file transfer method or app, such as Bluetooth, a different USB cable, or a dedicated file transfer app like Google Drive.

Reaction score
I had a similar issue once. It turned out that my antivirus software was causing the problem. Try disabling your antivirus temporarily while you transfer the files and see if that solves the issue. If it does, you might need to adjust your antivirus settings or add an exception for your file transfer software.

Reaction score
Another thing to check is whether your phone's storage is set to "Read Only" mode when connected to the PC. This can cause strange behavior with file transfers. Make sure your phone is set to "File Transfer" mode when you connect it to your computer. You can usually change this setting from the notification shade on your phone when it's connected via USB.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I tried updating my phone's OS and using a different file transfer app, but the issue persists. I also disabled my antivirus temporarily, but it didn't help either. My phone is set to File Transfer mode when connected to the PC. Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Since the usual solutions didn’t work, try this: check the file transfer settings on your PC. Go to the Control Panel, find "AutoPlay," and make sure the settings are correctly configured for your mobile device. Also, try transferring the files in Safe Mode to see if any third-party software might be causing the issue.

Reaction score
I checked the AutoPlay settings, and everything seems to be configured correctly. I also tried transferring files in Safe Mode, but the problem still occurs. I’m really stumped here. Could it be an issue with the phone's internal storage or a specific setting I’m overlooking?

Ask a Question