Double click on folders not working any more

Reaction score
Since the last update Win10 I cannot open folders with double click only right mouse click and then open folder. I have 3 times With Microsoft chatted but cannot solve this problem. Driver up to date, change mouse already, no hardware conflicts.

Restored the computer back to 3 weeks and it works, but the update comes again and the problems also. I hope that someone here can help. It starts after the last update "Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3124262)"

error.png

What I have done already:
Method 1:

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the admin account to check if that helps. If the issue persists then boot the pc in safe mode to check if the issue persists.

1) Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the issue.

2) If issue still persists, I suggest you to open control panel and click on file explorer options then click on restore defaults. Once that is done click apply, ok to check if that helps.

3) The issue might have caused due to some corruption in the system files also, so I would suggest you to perform an SFC scan and see if it helps:

Who can help ?

Best regards,
Roel

Ask a Question